If you import goods into India or export goods to other countries for commercial use, you need to register for an import-export code number. You will have to mention IE code number in all foreign trade as well as foreign exchange documentation.

If you are a sole proprietor with multiple businesses, looking for an IE code number, one IE code number will “cover” all of them – as long as none of those businesses is a partnership, trust or corporation.

If so, each will need its own IE code number.

You may have some more obligations when importing or exporting goods or services :

All you need to do is just fill up a simple form and email us the supporting documents. We will go ahead and draft your application for IEC number and file it with the Director General of foreign Trade Office on your behalf. We shall undertake the required follow up with the government and once your registration is complete, we shall share the same with you.

As one of India’s most trusted law firms, we provide legal advice on the rules, regulations and formalities to be abided by. We have the depth and breadth of experience to help solve your problems and provide the answers you need.

To learn more about any of the import/export registration services we can provide, 

Contact Us today.